Thursday, November 24, 2016

ART JOURNAL PAGE #1 Music Is What Feelings Sound Like

This is my art journal.  It's a red hardcover Moleskine sketchbook that I got from Amazon for $18.83.  So far I have done 14 art journal pages and I plan on making blog posts about them all.
A lot of art journal page ideas I got from Vicky Papaioannou from youtube.com.  Later on in my art journal I started thinking of my own ideas.

This is my first art journal page that I made on 8/25/16 and I got the idea from Vicky Papaioannou.
The two pages you see are really four pages.  The 1st and 4th pages I made piano keys along the edge (both hand drawn and with cut paper).  These are glued to the backs of pages 2 and 3 that have a ripped upper and lower edge (but I didn't glue them down until the end, you'll see why).  
I ripped about half an inch on the top and bottom of pages 2 and 3 and then I used gel medium to glue down pieces of Tim Holtz tissue paper here and there (the tissue paper has small music notes on it.  The paper is called Melange). Then I used a blue gelato to color the background and yellow green and brown gelatos to darken the edges to make it look old and worn.
I used whipped Spackle and Tim Holtz dot fade layering stencil to add some interest and depth to the page (that's the little white dots that stick out like 3D). I cut out pieces of paper to make a guitar and I painted the neck and body brown and the hole and the bridge black.  I had to cut the top and bottom of the guitar to fit the page.  After glueing the guitar down, I pocked holes through the bridge (through the guitar and page 2) and I cut slits at the top.  I threaded white thread through the holes and in the slots and I just taped the strings to the back of page 2.
Then I used gel medium to glue page 1 to the back of page 2 and page 4 to the back of page 3.  I added the quote which is "Music is What Feelings Sound Like".  Then I added white highlights and the date.  You can go to Vicky Papaioannou's YouTube channel to see the tutorial. 
~ SHAWNEE




No comments:

Post a Comment