Friday, November 25, 2016

MY TIM HOLTZ LAYERING STENCILS

These are my Tim Holtz layering stencils
that I got from Ebay.

So far I have 21 and they are in order...
Woodgrain,
Eye chart,
Doily,
Holiday knit,
Lace,
Bricked,
Honeycomb,
Splatters,
Bubble,
Dot fade,
Clockwork,
Cargo,
Shatter or Cobweb,
Burlap,
Stripes,
Crackle,
Measured,
Wildflower,
Rays,
Speckles,
and Gothic

Tim Holtz layering stencils are thinner and more intricately cut than most stencils.
The layering means you can use more than one stencil on top of each other. 
For an example......you could use paint or ink with the woodgrain stencil and then use some whipped spackle over part of the splatters stencil, that you layer on top of a section of the woodgrain.  It will look like something spilled on a wood table.

Because these are so fragile, you need to be very careful and dab or blot the ink, paint, or whatever media you are using.

I use these stencils on almost every art journal page I make.  My most common one right now is dot fade.  Depending on what art media you use, these stencils can give your pages texture, demension, and interest.

  ~SHAWNEE
               

No comments:

Post a Comment