Sunday, November 27, 2016

BOOK REVIEW #1 THE GREEN EMBER


The Green Ember
by S.D. Smith
My Rating: ★★★★★
(5 out of 5 stars.......that's pretty good!)



I love to read.
I have a lot of books and I do a lot of reading. I read books for fun and for the BookShark Reading with History program I am doing for school (I do school at home through a homebased public school program). By the way, most of the BookShark books are really good too (not necessarily aaall of them though).

Ok, now getting back to The Green Ember,
I read The Green Ember for fun (not for history). 

WARNING:
THIS IS THE GREATEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!
TAKE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN READING THIS BOOK, IF YOU HAVE HEART PROBLEMS......YOU MAY GO INTO CARDIAC ARREST BY THE SHEER AWESOMENESS OF THIS BOOK.
Welllllll that might be a little overly dramatic, buut
this book IS action packed, full of adventure, and you never know what's going to happen next!!

I loved it! It's about two rabbits named Picket and Heather and they are brother and sister.
Their family gets taken by wolves but they get saved by their uncle Wilfred and Cousin Smalls.
Then they get sent down the river to Cloud Mountain where they learn things about their family and king Jupiter. They also meet their new friend Emma. 
One of my favorite quotes from this book is "My place beside you. My blood for yours. 
Till the Green Ember rises, or the end of the world."

And what is the Green Ember you ask? Well you're gonna have to read it to find out!
(p.s. a LOT more stuff happens!!)
This book is the best book I have ever read (my mom said "so far" but I said, "No, nothing is ever going to top this book"). It's is my most prized possession (aside from my gigantic bear, my sewing machine, and my keyboard).

I recommend this book for people 10 to 100 (or for people who love great books).
This isn't just a book for kids (FYI there is a little violence, such as some sword fighting and some mean wolves).
 Even adults have enjoyed this book. The lady in charge of the school program I'm in recommended it to me, and she's in her 40's and she really liked it and...... I think you would too. (p.s. There are two more books in the Green Ember series that I can't wait to read!).

     ~SHAWNEE

No comments:

Post a Comment